2014 Pledge Drive
Heartfelt thanks to all who made 2013 a truly amazing year for the Seattle Buddhist Center. Your donations, involvement, energy and enthusiasm in the last year helped us to:
- Deepen our practice through offering two Mitra Study groups, holding several day retreats, focussing Sangha Night on The System of Practice, and participating in two great regional retreats with our neighboring sanghas.
- Nourish our sangha with many people attending Sangha Night regularly; we saw several individuals become mitras, request ordination and join our various kulas.
- Host more visiting Order Members, allowing us to benefit from their widsom and experience and be exposed to different voices, approaches and perspectives.
And we have big plans for 2014. In addition to continuing with our regular events and further beautifying our space, we hope to:
- Bring in 21st century techniques for teaching, such as participating in webcasts, listening to talks online, and potentially bringing in teachers via Google Hangout or Skype.
- Continue to schedule quarterly visiting Order Members as a way to deepen our practice and experience the interconnected nature of our wider sangha.
- Continue to offer scholarships for Triratna retreats in North America.
We need your help to make these things happen! Our center is entirely volunteer-run and all of our expenses are met through pledges, donations and revenue from classes.
Monthly pledges are especially helpful as they enable us to budget more effectively. In 2013 pledges ranged from $8 to $250 per month. Donations are tax deductible. We are registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
To pledge, please contact Kerstin at firstname.lastname@example.org